Amended/Draft Policies - closed 24 August 2018
Feedback closed 24 August 2018.
Amended/Draft Policies can be viewed in the document library.
Council at its meeting of 25 June 2018 resolved the place the following policies on exhibition for public comment:
- Amended Asset Accounting and Capitalisation Policy
- Amended Catering Provision Policy
- Amended Complaints Handling Policy
- Amended Councillor Access to Information and Interaction with Staff Policy
- Amended Donations Policy
- Amended Filming in Council Area Policy
- Amended Financial Management Policy
- Code of Conduct - North Sydney Local Planning Panel
- Draft Debt Recovery Policy
All amendments are indicated in italics for new and strikethrough for deletion.
- Council's Policy Manual, in its entirety, was reviewed following the commencement of the new term of Council.
- The Asset Accounting and Capitalisation Policy requires amendment to terminology, internal processes and supporting documentation references.
- The Catering Provision Policy requires amendment to in response to the Council resolution of 9 October 2017 (Min. No. 323) and discussion at the Governance Committee meeting held 9 April 2018. The proposed amendments do not impact the public i.e. no change to current service levels.
- The Complaints Handling Policy requires amendment in response to recommendations from the Internal Auditor, following a review of Council’s complaints handling processes and procedures. The proposed amendments do not impact the public i.e. no change to current service levels.
- Procedural amendments are proposed to the Councillor Access to Information and Interaction with Staff Policy that do not impact the public i.e. no change to current service levels.
- The proposed amendments in the Donations Policy reflect the Stanton Library receiving deductible gift recipient (DGR) status, which in turn requires minor procedural amendments.
- Within the Amended Filming in Council Area Policy, reference to use of drones has been added and the Police related procedures have been updated. All amendments are indicated in italics for new and strikethrough for deletion.
- Minor amendments are proposed to the Financial Management Policy that do not impact the public i.e. no change to current service levels.
- The Code of Conduct - North Sydney Local Planning Panel is mandated by the State Government. On 1 March 2018 the North Sydney Local Planning Panel (NSLPP) replaced the North Sydney Independent Planning Panel (NSIPP)(External link).
- The Draft Debt Recovery Policy outlines Council's guidelines regarding recovery and management of overdue Rates and Domestic Waste Management Charges and other non-rates debts.
For further information, contact Council’s Manager Integrated Planning and Special Projects on 9936 8100.